Surgical Services PACU Educator / Full-time, 8:00a - 4:30p - variable; Days - variable
The RN Educator works in collaboration with the Surgical Services Management Team, the Quality department and IS department. The RN will help develop and implement education for the staff, physicians and patients. As the educator the RN will facilitate the orientation of new employees to the unit and assist with competency validation of the staff. The RN will assist the Quality department with reviewing the medical records and collecting data for compliance measures. The RN will also help orient and educate new physicians to Surgical Services. The RN will assist with the special projects and hospital initiatives as assigned by the Director, Surgical Services.
- Minimum of 5 years PACU of expertise.
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- CPAN or obtained within first year (required)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-motivated
- Computer skills with Word, Excel
- Able to manage multiple priorities