The Clinic Nurse acts as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide coordination and continuity of care throughout the patient’s Proton Therapy treatment. In addition, the Clinic Nurse will provide side effect and symptom triage management, coordinate clinic appointments and assist with referrals to ensure they are done in a timely manner.
Responsibilities include coordinating patient contact, patient education and preparing patients/families for procedures/tests in collaboration with the health care team; collaborating with others to ensure continuity of care and coordination of a wide variety of services; identifying opportunities to improve patient care services; assisting clinic management to identify and develop operational needs for the clinic and to improve patient care services.
- Oncology, Proton Experience required.
- Aria and Surgical/OR experience preferred.
- Ability to work 40 hours, Monday-Friday, 8 hours shifts
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology and equipment
- Patient assessment skills
- Ability to apply good Clinical judgment
- Ability to plan work, establish priorities, and remain flexible
- Ability to maintain records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence
- Maintains a current California RN License
- Current American Heart Association healthcare provider BLS certification or American Red Cross
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a hospital or Clinical setting
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines