Home Health Aide: HHA / CNA
- PER DIEM / PRN
- COVERAGE AREA: Brighton and Surrounding Areas
- Competitive Rates and Paid Mileage
The Home Health Aide provides personal care services under the direction of the Registered Nurse or Therapist. The Home Health Aide is assigned to specific clients by the Registered Nurse or other appropriate professional and performs services for clients as necessary to maintain their personal comfort.
- Successful completion of a formal certification training program and/or a written skills test and competency evaluation.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Minimum of six (6) months’ work experience in a supervised setting, preferably a health care facility.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements.
- The Home Health Aide performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Assistance in ambulation or exercises
- The Home Health Aide performs personal care activities, including but not limited to:
- Bathing, shampooing, skin care/nail care, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing * Performs household services essential to health care at home, including but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding, laundry, light housekeeping * Assists in the administration of medications that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (per state nurse practice laws and Agency policy).
- Reports any observed or reported changes in the client's condition and/or needs to the Registered Nurse or Therapist. Follows reporting guidelines in the Care Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.