Registered Nurse / RN - Home Health Care
*** $1,500 Sign-On Bonus! ***
- COVERAGE AREA: ANN ARBOR / PLYMOUTH / SALINE
- COMPETITIVE RATES, FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE AND PAID MILEAGE!
The Home Health Care Registered Nurse RN is a PART-TIME opening and will work under the direction of the Supervising nurse is responsible for promoting the delivery of coordinated, comprehensive care to patients through the activities of assessment, planning and provision of direct nursing care within the policies and standards of the Agency. The Staff Nurse/Case Manager makes the initial patient evaluation visit except in circumstances where the physician has ordered therapy only and the Supervising nurse approves admission by the Therapist.
Responsibilities and Duties
Home Health Care Registered Nurse RN:
- Home Health Care Registered Nurse RN must be able to meet the physical demands of providing nursing care, ambulating patients, transferring patients, assisting with exercises, etc.
- Must be able to transfer patients as needed according to proper techniques of body mechanics to promote patient and staff safety and well-being.
- Assumes responsibility for an assigned caseload of patients to a developed plan of care. Conducts OASIS assessments at appropriate time points.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, goal focused, care plan for each patient and makes updates in accordance with written orders from the physician.
- Home Health Care Registered Nurse RN establishes realistic patient/nursing goals and expected outcomes. Provides nursing guidance and care to patients at home
- Makes planned home visits to the patient for assessment, instruction, supervision, and provision of nursing treatments according to the Plan of Care.
- Makes referrals to other services as indicated.
- Initiates and maintains continuous contact with the patient’s physician to report the patient’s response to home care, any changes in status, or possible need to additional services.
- Prepares and maintains clinical documentation according to Agency policies and acceptable nursing standards.
- Provides instruction/guidelines to home health aides providing health and personal care services, including ongoing supervision and evaluation of the services delivered.
- Home Health Care Registered Nurse/RN coordinates therapists, home health aides, and others who provide services to each patient to form an interdisciplinary team to ensure consistent and appropriate care. Teaches the patient and those in the home who nurse the patient how his/her care is to be given.
- Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitation nursing procedures.
- Home Health Care Registered Nurse/RN supervises and evaluates the patient’s care on an on-going basis.
Qualifications and Skills
Home Health Care Registered Nurse RN:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing in an acute care or home care setting is preferred.
- CPR certification preferred, not required
- HomeCare HomeBase (HCHB) - Highly Preferred
- Current Michigan driver’s license and/or reliable transportation.
- Willing to travel to Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, South Lyon, and surrounding areas
- Must be empathetic, nonjudgmental, tactful, responsible, adaptable, organized, and committed to the purpose and objectives of the organization.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must have emotional and mental maturity necessary for establishing and maintaining good work relationships with patients, patient’s families, and Agency personnel.
- Must understand the team approach and be a supportive team member.