Perioperative Nurse Manager
We are seeking a Nurse Manager of Perioperative Services for our community hospital in Palm Springs, CA. The position does offer a sign on bonus as well as relocation assistance.
- The Nursing Manager is responsible for the administration and supervision of nursing personnel in the Perioperative Services areas: 7027 (PACU), 7031 (Preop, including PAT); and is accountable to the Director of Surgical Services, for coordination of all nursing care given and related supporting services of the Department and personnel.
- The main function is that of leadership and promotion of cooperative staff effort.
- In the absence of the Director, the Nursing Manager assumes this responsibility and accountability.
- The Nursing Manager is responsible for the location and completion of assigned functions in the daily operation of the Perioperative Services units assigned to him/her.
- She/He interprets hospital and departmental philosophy, objectives, policy and procedures.
- Access to all Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
Department Specific Duties:
- Evaluates the orientation of new employees
- Conducts evaluations for new staff at the completion of the probationary period.
- Performs yearly performance evaluations
- Evaluates students and allied health staff as needed.
- Participates in the disciplinary process as needed.
- Monitors staff compliance with policy and procedures
- Interprets policy and procedures to staff members
- Enforces compliance with policy and procedures
- Communicates non-compliance to the Director of Surgical Services
- Provides counseling and disciplinary measures to personnel
- Monitors the department environmental daily and assures surveillance of safety, regulatory and infection prevention
- Assures staff knowledge of regulatory requirements including fire and disaster safety
- Reviews electrical safety and assures all equipment is maintained and inspected
- Reports environmental problems to appropriate support departments
- Encourages and atmosphere of responsiveness to physician needs and requests
- Demonstrates commitment to continually improving service scores
- Provides assistance to surgeons through case readiness and adequately prepared team members
- Works to reduce OR turnover times
- Analyzes quality, performance, and service scores, takes action and monitors for improvement
- Assists Director in identifying goals and visionary planning
- Attends leadership meetings and serves on hospital/departmental committees
- Monitors budget compliance
- Provides input into the preparation of the budget
- Demonstrates cost reduction strategies
- Assists with departmental statistical analysis
- Current RN licensure in the State of California
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain current at all times)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years clinical experience in Surgical Services
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with people on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships with patients, families, and co-workers inter- and intra-departmentally
- Possess active listening skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing theory and practice
- Compassionate, non-judgmental patient caregiver and advocate
- Must be able to tolerate physically and mentally demanding work
- Possesses audible acuity necessary for taking blood pressures and maintaining patient safety
Relocation assistance and interview reimbursement is available.
Qualified Nurse Managers please forward your resume to Eric Clay at [email protected] or call 773-494-93654 for more information.