We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to join our team to support the Armed Services Retirement Home in Gulfport, MS. The position is per diem and will be called upon to fill vacancies for full time staff. The perfect candidate would be a CNA with a full time job that is looking to pick up additional weekend or holiday shifts. You will work alongside fellow caregivers to provide high quality patient care.
- Provide patient care under direction of nursing staff
- Shall have one-year experience in a geriatric setting
- Report results from enema administration by licensed nursing staff
- Administer prescribed medications to patients
- Work in all assignment areas within the AFRH including: Ambulatory Care, Assisted Living Unit (ALU), Dementia, and Long Term Care Unit (LTCU) areas.
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment
- Collection and preparation of urine and stool specimens for laboratory analysis
- Provide companionship and basic care to patients
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment
- Provide personal care including bathing, feeding, shaving, and oral hygiene
- Escort residents to appointments off the AFRH campus as required for medical appointments and/or treatments as necessary. Transportation will be provided by AFRH, CNA may be responsible for transporting resident’s medical records and must remain with the resident at all times.
- This person will work under the direction of the RN and LPN and serves as member of a nursing team with a written assignment.
- Previous experience in nursing, patient care, or other related fields
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to work well in teams