We are looking for a skilled Restorative Aide to become a part of our facility's compassionate care-giving team. The Restorative Aide will interact directly with residents, with exercises designed to help resident attain and maintain the use of limbs or body functions according to the plan of care developed by the nursing or rehabilitation departments. We are searching for a dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual to be a vital link between our patients and the nurses and other facility staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs restorative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as instructed based on plan of care.
- Reports observations and other pertinent information related to the care of the resident.
- Documents objective information related to resident care.
- Provides services that support the care delivered to the resident.
- Provides input in the formulation and evaluation of standards of care.
- Participates in the development of unit objectives.
- Participates in the identification of staff educational needs.
- Participates in the quality continuous improvement process and activities.
- Notify nurse immediately of any physical or behavioral changes in a resident/patient (e.g. difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, difficult to arouse, confusion, skin breakdown, cuts, bruising, bleeding, and blisters) including any complaints or grievances made by the resident.
- Knows and follows existing lines of communication and authority.
- Perform all resident care as assigned and according to (facility) nursing department's policies and procedures. Reads and follows routine daily to ensure provision of appropriate care.
- Attends department meetings, mandatory in services and seminars as requested.
- Comply with all confidentiality and privacy requirements and regulations.
- Assures that all resident rights are maintained at all times. Reports any violations or suspected deviations according to (facility)'s policy and procedures.
- Follow established safety precautions in performance of all duties.
- Wash hands before and after performing any service for the resident and follow infection control guidelines and universal precautions.
- Adhere to all nursing and DHHS policies and procedures.
- Encourage and support resident/patient in maintaining or regaining independence, accommodate individual choices, and assist in maintaining personal belongings.
- Report to work at assigned location with regular, predictable, and consistent attendance.
- Assist the nurses and other staff as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Completion of a state-approved CNA certification training course and maintained in good standing.
- One (1) year of experience as a nursing assistant in a skilled rehabilitation, skilled nursing or Long-Term Care (LTC) environment preferred.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable of operating a personal computer to enter resident data as required by regulation and facility policy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological terminology.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Registered Nursing Assistant on the Missouri Nurse Aide Registry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work requires physical activity including extended periods of walking and standing with occasional climbing, reaching, carrying, balancing, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or carry equipment, files, and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds as well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65 pounds.
- Ability to transfer, and reposition a resident to or from a bed, wheelchair, and use a mechanical lift, toilet, tub, shower, occasionally varying degrees of pushing, pulling and lifting due to the differences in resident weights.
- Must be able to continuously perform simple manipulative dexterity tasks such as the equipment listed above as well as safety pin buckles and tie strings. Occasionally perform difficult manipulative tasks.
- Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, spoiled food, soiled linen, etc.
- The employee must be able to continuously hear normal sounds and voice patterns with some background noise. Must have adequate verbal instructions. Must be able to hear audible emergency signals, alarms, call, light indicators and to be able to answer the phone.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Must be able to continuously notice a change in the resident (breathing, color, skin breakdown, etc.) Ability to focus and read a thermometer.
- Visual abilities, correctable to normal ranges, include close, distance and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed indoors in a health care facility.
- Work is performed during assigned shift; however, hours will occasionally include varied days, hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can occasionally be loud. Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Incumbents in this position may be exposed to infectious/communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and potential risk of injury from distraught individuals.
- Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medication and treatments.
- Frequent exposure to microbial bacteria and other infectious agents inherent to care of ill residents.
- Continuous exposure to latex, Tyvex, plastic and/or materials which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Stress of working with sick residents and their families, combined with the resident who may be confused, irrational, highly agitate mood swings. (Frequently)
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and federal agency personnel and residents.
Scenic Nursing & Rehabilitation Center LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- LTC: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNA (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Paid time off
- Sick Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
Job Posted by ApplicantPro