The Surgery Center of Idaho (SCI) seeks an experienced nursing leader who is ready for an exciting opportunity in a growing ambulatory surgery center. The candidate must be self-directed and able to work independently and must enjoy leading a dynamic team of clinical professionals. The candidate must be able to provide direction to others that is clear and concise and promotes efficiency and safety in a fast-paced setting. The candidate must have a collaborative, friendly working style.
The RN Nurse Manager provides leadership and management to our perioperative team and manages operations to include quality management, fiscal management, and improvement of processes. The RN Nurse Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the clinical operations of the surgery center.
- Develops and achieves goals that are in alignment with SCI’s goals and mission.
- Develops and implement processes to enhance operations for ongoing quality improvement.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities to enhance the delivery of clinical care.
- Ensures that personnel demonstrate quality standards of customer satisfaction and patient care.
- Identifies operational needs; manages the clinical and ancillary team schedules and manages appropriate level of equipment and supplies.
- Assesses the environment and make recommendations to ensure optimal patient comfort, safety and compliance with various regulatory bodies.
- Collaborates in the development, implementation and expansion of learning opportunities and skill development for all staff.
- Analyzes, develops and maintains an effective and efficient nursing care delivery system that reflects patient and family needs across the continuum to achieve desired outcomes.
- Assists the Director of Operations with CMS and AAAHC accreditation survey readiness.
- Maintains services in accordance with written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Manages perioperative team, which includes recruitment, selection, training, supervision, coaching, and performance improvement.
- Collaborates with Medical Director, physicians and other departments to ensure delivery of exceptional patient care.
- On an as-needed basis, may act in the capacity of a Registered Nurse, either in the preoperative area, postoperative area, or the operating room.
SCI is a privately owned, multi-specialty outpatient facility with 3 ORs and 1 procedure room, jointly owned and operated by Idaho Urologic Institute. Specialties include, but are not limited to: Gynecology, Otolaryngology, Pain Management, and Urology.
The surgery center operates Monday-Friday and is closed on weekends and holidays. The surgery center team does not take call. SCI offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit program.
- BSN required
- Current Idaho nursing license
- Demonstrated managerial competence and a minimum of 2 years leadership experience in a critical care setting or equivalent is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- BLS, ACLS & PALS certification