Full Time CNA position open. Vintage Park at Hiawatha offers a Sign on Bonus for our CNA's, CMA's and LPN's. Ask for details when you come to see our Executive Director, Levi Thompton, when applying.
Summary of Duties
The primary responsibility of the Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) is to provide physical and psychosocial care to all residents in a manner that promotes dignity, choice, and individuality. This position reports to the shift supervisor as well as the Wellness Director.
• Provides all necessary care and services to assigned residents and assists other wellness department associates as needed.
• Works collaboratively with peers and other team members.
• Provides assistance with activities of daily living such as with bathing, dressing, personal hygiene (includes: shaving, oral care, nail care, hair care, foot care), toileting, eating, and ambulation/mobility.
• Maintains professional demeanor at all times when interacting with residents and families.
• Reports any suspected or witnessed instances of verbal, mental, or physical abuse to licensed staff immediately.
• Utilizes safe transfer techniques when assisting residents with mobility.
• Washes residents’ laundry as needed.
• Understands and uses Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Standard Precautions, OSHA's Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens standard, and follows established infection control procedures, hazardous communication, and other safety rules.
• Documents provision of services on Company forms.
• Operates designated medical equipment, copy, scan, fax machines, and telephone.
• Escorts residents and coordinates internal transportation needs.
• Assists residents with personal correspondence/telephone use when requested.
• Observes and reports changes in residents’ physical condition and cognitive/emotional status to Wellness Director or supervisor, as needed.
• Conducts room checks and resident rounds.
• Monitors for environmental safety hazards.
• Respond to emergencies in a prompt and calm manner; Immediately
reports such emergencies to the supervisor.
• Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially
sensitive or emotionally charged situations.
• Follows-up with appropriate staff, residents, or other individuals
regarding reported complaints, problems, and concerns.
• Participates in and supports the resident-centered activities program.
• Care for sensory enhancement devices such as eyeglasses and hearing
• Completes housekeeping tasks such as bed-making, linen changes,
vacuuming, emptying trash, and cleaning bathroom.
• Acts as an ambassador and public relations representative to guests
and other off-campus visitors.
• Copies special paperwork and/or forms.
• Assists in a variety of tasks related to dining (escort residents to dining
room, assist with set-up and clean tables, serve meals, bus tables, etc.).
• Demonstrates an appreciation of the heritage, values and wisdom of the
residents, and an understanding of the aging process.
• Collaborates with associates in other departments to assure necessary
care and services are provided.
• Participates in projects or committees as assigned.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Attends and participates in staff meetings and mandatory in-services.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
• Ability to read, write, and speak in English.
• Must maintain certification for a Certified Nurse Aide.
• Satisfactory completion of the company Resident Assistant skills
• Be in good physical health and free of communicable diseases; Lifting,
bending, and pushing medication cart about residence is required.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
• Completion of drug testing and criminal background check upon hire
and upon request of supervisor.
• Experience in Assisted Living preferred.