In keeping with our organization’s goal of improving the lives of the Guests we serve, the Restorative Nurse plays a critical role in providing superior customer service and nursing care to all Guests. Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, the Restorative Nurse implements and directs the facility’s restorative nursing program with the goal of helping Guests reach and maintain their full mobility potential.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, implements, directs and evaluates the facility’s Restorative Nursing Program.
- Meets and consults with the facility’s interdisciplinary team on a regular basis to develop and maintain restorative care standards.
- Ensures that the restorative nursing program complies with applicable laws, regulations, and national restorative nursing standards and requirements.
- Participates in the admission process by meeting with new Guests and providing them with a clear overview of the restorative program.
- Participates in discharge planning, development and implementation of Guest care plans and assessments.
- Performs administrative tasks such as charting, care planning, reports and etc. Completes assigned MDS portions accurately and on time.
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of restorative nursing staff.
- Provides supervision to R.N.A’s and all subordinate staff which includes checking their work to ascertain that assignments have been completed.
- Completes annual performance reviews of all subordinate restorative staff. Provides guidance and education to staff in regards to their performance.
- Provides counseling and disciplinary action to subordinate staff members as needed.
- Assists with and participates in the disciplinary process of subordinate restorative staff.
- Assign all R.N.A’s and other subordinate staff to Guests. Assign break times and all regular and special assignments.
- Performs other nursing care assignments by working as a floor nurse when needed.
- Only practices nursing procedures and tasks with the scope of licensure.
- Ensure that Guest care plans are being followed and asses each Guest’s status in accordance with their care plan.
- Round with physicians when needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of individual care plans and support the care planning process by reporting specific information and observations of the Guest’s needs, preferences and report any behavioral changes.
- Assure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained when providing care. Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
- Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment and supply issues to appropriate persons.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
- Answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
This position has direct supervisor responsibilities for R.N.As, C.N.As and other personnel assigned.